Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Evening

While Mom enjoyed the champagne, I managed to get all three suitcases unpacked. I think it will take a day or two to figure out where everything is and get in some sort of routine. Since we had our luggage we decided to change clothes for dinner – might as well since we brought a “freakish amount of luggage”. We enjoyed another wonderful meal and Jane and Barbara’s company. I guess I won’t go into detail about what we ate since evidently that was much of what I talked about last year! I will say the food was excellent – and Mom even had chicken livers as an appetizer. I can’t say too much because I had the escargot. At least this time we know about the “A la Carte” menu that is available every night in case we can’t find anything on the nightly menu. It had been a very long time since 4:00 am, so we decided to go back to the room and call it an early night. We came back to our beds turned down and slippers laid out. Fortunately we won’t lose an hour until tomorrow night.

5 comments:

tanya said...

It wouldn't be you without the food commentary! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I agree - bring on the food descriptions, esp if you have something particularly yummy! Hope you slept like babies and have a great day today.

Laura

Elizabeth Stamey Allen said...

Hi Lara,
I hope you and your mom have a great trip! I will enjoy following your adventures.

Amanda Gibson said...

I love following your adventures! Enjoy your trip and have a great time! You will have to come and visit us when we are living in Germany next year!

MARGARET said...

HI LARA & TRUDY. MY MESSAGE DIDN'T TAKE ON THIS ONE SO RESENDING IT. ...I HAD SAID ... DO YOU LIKE TO COOK LIKE YOUR MOM? HER & I WERE ALWAYS INTO TRYING NEW RECIPES AND COOKING. I'LL SEND YOU TWO A WONDERFUL COOKIE/CANDY LIKE RECIPE THAT IS THE BEST I EVER HAD.SO SIMPLE TO MAKE. I WILL WAIT TIL Y'LL GET HOME NEXT MONTH. LOVE, MARGARET. PS. THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF MOM & DAUGHTER.... PS I SENT A FRIEND REQUEST TO TANYA, BUT HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HER YET.I'M SURE SHE IS A BUSY GIRL.